Saturday, March 23, 2013

Loving What Is!

When I was in my 20's and started to practice yoga daily I was stifled by the idea that everything had to be perfect to have a good practice. The room have to have soft lighting. Incense and candles were a must. The environment had to be quiet or, playing softly on the record player, the latest yoga music.  There could be absolutely no interruptions. And  most of all I had to be perfect. Perfectly flexible, perfectly balanced, perfectly focused...then I had kids. So I modified my expectations but I still longed for the ideal yoga practice. Then I read, Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life, by Byron Katie. In it she writes, “The only time we suffer is when we believe a thought that argues with what is. When the mind is perfectly clear, what is is what we want.” Though the inquiry process in the book, I learned to really enjoy pretty much any yoga practice. So blare the rock 'n' roll, turn on the flood lights, and send in the pets, I am practicing yoga and loving it! 
http://crazysunom.com/blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment